Tuesday 20 August 2013

5 Things I LOVED in K-pop: 8/12 – 8/18

5 Things I LOVED in K-pop: 8/12 – 8/18It’s a good time to be a K-pop fan with good dramas, good music and hilarious varieties in abundance for fans to watch and enjoy

5 Things I LOVED in K-pop: 8/12 - 8/18 5 Things I LOVED in K-pop: 8/12 – 8/18

5 Things I LOVED in K-pop: 8/12 - 8/18 It’s a good time to be a K-pop fan with good dramas, good music and hilarious varieties in abundance for fans to watch and enjoy. Some definite must sees from last week other than what’s on this list were: Good DoctorMaster’s Sun, Two Weeks, Lee Hyori’s Xunnie on OnStyle, and Exo‘s second visit to Weekly Idol where they made sure to have Luhan in LOTS of shots.

The following are the top 5 Things that happened in K-pop last week that I thought were a bit more special than the rest. As usual, if you’re not up-to-date on your K-pop and don’t like spoilers–turn back now or prepare to be spoiled.

5. My Story, My Song

It was a toss up for me over which performance was my favorite from the Barefoot FriendsMy Story, My Song special. In the end I chose Yoon Shi-yoon‘s performance accompanied by Juniel and Epik High‘s Tablo. The song Yoon Shi-yoon performed was “Grandpa’s Bicycle,” a song about his fond memories of riding around the neighborhood with his grandfather and how he felt safe and free.

4. The Next Kim Tae-ho?

Infinite Challenge‘s latest mission was enititled “Please Take Care of Infinity Challenge” and asked for teams of students from elementary school to college to submit ideas for their take over of the show. The whole show. The teams had to come up with the concept for the episode as well as the props, locations, etc. The top teams selected from over a thousand entries pitched their ideas to the cast. One of my fave pitches was from the youngest team to make the cut whose 12 year old leader had the cast in stitches and also won himself the job as head PD for an upcoming episode. This future filmmaker seems to have a bright future ahead of him… if only he survives this shoot with the Infinite Challenge cast.

3. Not Knowing about Love

On the Jang Mi-hwa and Lim Hee-sook special of Immortal Song 2 this past week, Exo‘s Chen and Baekhyun sang their rendition of Lim Hee-sook‘s hit “Really, I Didn’t Know.” Although some have said that they might have lacked the maturity and emotional depth to pull off the song, it was still an awesome and powerful performance. Been a fan of Chen‘s voice since hearing he and Luhan sing “What Is Love” at KCON 2012.

2. One, Two. One, Two.

Nothing could be easier, right?! Nope. The guests on the last episode of Running Man included Jo Jung-chi, Jung In, Kim Ye-rim, John Park, Sayuri, Kim Kwang-kyu, and Park Sang-myun all coupled up with the cast and competed for gold bars on the last episode. Unforunately their team work, or should I say couple work, didn’t always work out as you’ll see below in the case of Lee Kwang-soo and John Park.

1. Gotta Talk To U

About this kid Seungri from Big Bang. He’s good. Sometimes a little too sleek, sometimes a little too sexy, but always good.

Those were the 5 Things I LOVED in K-pop that happened last week, were they yours?

(SBS; YouTube [5], [4], [3], [2], [1])

JYJ Yoochun's Baidu Passes the 200K Mark, Much Loved by Fans
yoochun, jyj Once again, fans of Yoochun and JYJ have proven their love and support forthe group and its members by making Yoochun's Baidu community reach over 210,000fans. As quoted from CJeS, their company, "Recently, Yoochun's Baidu fan communityreached its 9th anniversary, and its member count exceeded 210,000 members. Tothank the Chinese fans for their love, Yoochun expressed his gratitude throughan autograph and message. He's been gaining popularity with 'Rooftop Prince' and'I Miss You' and is the hottest Hallyu star in China...
Lee Soo-jeong-I, "I loved it"
Former racing model and current actress Lee Soo-jeong-I revealed what it's like to be in a movie. A press preview of the movie "Miss Change" was held in Seoul on the 19th. Director Jeong Cho-sin, actress Lee Soo-jeong-I, Song Sam-dong, Jeong Eun-woo and Sin Yoo-joo were there. Lee Soo-jeong-I said, "I watched all the movie and I feel relieved". She then said, "I am so happy that I got a chance to do this. I wasn't sure what to feel at first and didn't know what responsibilities a main actress had...
G-Dragon Shakes Things Up with Teaser for 2nd Album "coup d'etat"
G-Dragon celebrates his birthday (August 18 KST) with the release of a teaser video for his upcoming solo album! Just two days after Big Bang‘s maknae Seungri dropped an explosive teaser for 2nd mini album, “Let’s Talk About Love,” the leader joins him in an overhaul of YG comebacks with another full album of his own. The teaser shows G-Dragon first drowned in black goo, the outlines of his face slowly emerging on the surface. He transforms into a soldier drenched in red, then into an angry G-Dragon crowned with a spiky helmet and plastered in white...
Tags : Big Bang, Drama, Epik High, Fans, friend, Infinite, John Park, Lee Hyori, Lyn, M To M, past, Running Man, Spoiler, usa, Yuri stateless things eng sub


No comments:

Post a Comment